This is my new favourite meal. A big plate of green vegetables and smokey chilli flavours. I am not usually a fan of meat substitutes, there are so many nicer things out there to eat, but I recently discovered a good one. It is a chorizo like stick of wheat protein/seitan and adds a lovely smokey/savoury note to dishes. If you can’t find any for this recipe then I’d roast cashews in smoked paprika, salt and cayenne pepper as a replacement.
- One cup of brown rice
- Two huge handfuls of shredded kale
- 3 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- Half a can of chickpeas
- 1 stick of vegan ‘chorizo’
- 3 diced tomatoes
- Two bok-choi or other chinese cabbage
- Two huge handfuls of spinach
Cook the rice in your favourite way 🙂 Warm some olive oil in a large wok and then add the kale. Give it a few minutes to soften and then add the garlic, chilli, chickpeas and ‘chorizo’. Keep the pan moving on a low heat so that the garlic doesn’t catch. Once the kale is tender add the tomatoes and other greens. When the spinach is wilted your dinner is ready. How do you like your greens?
- Calcium Rich Tofu and Greens (herbifit.wordpress.com)